I have integrated the possibility to put a WiFi – RS232 converter box on our inverters.
Smartphoton can now manage wired or wireless connections
For what reasons / advantages ?
- There are so many kinds of cables with different chipsets that sometimes the connection between the inverter and the Raspberry is long and tedious to set up
- You can put the Pi wherever you want in the house. No more need for a short cable between the inverter and the Raspberry
- My software can now run virtualized in any PC and retrieve or act on the inverter without any cables. The PC can run under Linux or Windows
- With this solution, the data does not go on the Chinese servers. Everything stays local!
- You can install several boxes. For example a 2nd one to manage the Pylontech batteries
I propose you to watch a short demo of my installation at this place